Consider the Dot Hill AssuredSAN™ 4000 SAN storage arrays for your storage needs.
Offering up to 6400 MB/s sequential reads, and 5300 MB/s sequential writes.
Designed with a powerful processor, these SAN storage systems are tuned for sequential workloads.
Ideal data storage solutions for high performance computing, oil and gas siesmic data analysis, telecommunications data capture, media streaming, video post-production editing, and broadcasting.
- 4 ports per controller, 8 for dual controller models
- 16Gb, 8Gb Fibre Channel, 12Gb, 6Gb SAS, and 10Gb, 1Gb iSCSI host connectivity
For more information call (800) 663-5523 – Sunstar Company
If you have a need for a SAN Storage Solution, perhaps there is a need for:
- Future Growth
- E-SERIES V : The Nexsan E-Series V is an ultra-reliable, high-density, high performance, efficient storage array that enables lower storage costs, maximum storage uptime, and data storage ROI boosts for your organization. E-Series V systems Consume less than one-third of the power in one-third of the rack space of typical arrays, with up to 240 terabytes of capacity in just 4U and now offers 400% more memory and 50% increased CPU speed over the E-SeriesTM. The E-Series V is offered in four core configurations: E60VT (360 TB in 4U), E48VT (288 TB in 4U), E32V (38.4 TB in 2U, all 2.5″ drives), and E18V (108 TB in 2U). 6TB Drives now available!
- NST-SERIES : The NST-Series Unified Hybrid Storage solutions for NAS and iSCSI features FASTier® acceleration technology which leverages a modest amount of solid-state to exponentially increase the performance of the underlying spinning disks for up to 10X performance over traditional storage. NST6000, NST6000M, NST5000, NST4000
To learn more about these Nexsan offerings, please contact us at Sunstar Company, Inc.
Call (800) 663-5523 or contact us online
Getting optimal performance from Oracle Database servers, can be challenging for their supporting storage infrastructure.
Our goal; get Oracle Databases to run at optimum levels of performance even when faced with challenging workloads
Production systems must be able to:
- Quickly process revenue-producing transactions around the clock
- Simultaneously executing demanding I/O operations like backups, database replication/failover, and OLAP business analytics and reporting.
Enter Kaminario: Delivering true scale-out architecture for all-Flash enterprise storage
Kaminario’s consistent performance and low latency enables Oracle databases to run at top performance even when faced with challenging workloads.
To learn more, contact sales at Sunstar Company, (310) 330-2900 or (800) 663-5523
What is Unified Storage?
Often we at Sunstar Company are asked by prospective clients questions such as, “can you tell me the difference between SAN, NAS and Unified Storage?”
A simple explanation about Block and File Storage and the different connectivity options often suffice.
The looming questions, what about unified?”
Unified Storage is a storage system that makes it possible to run and manage files and applications from a single device.
Also unified storage system consolidates file-based and block-based access in a single storage platform.
Connectivity: Ideally Fibre Channel SAN, Ethernet and IP-based SAN (iSCSI) is supported. .
End Result: Block and File Storage, SAN and NAS in a single chassis.
To learn more and see some of the manufacturers that we recommend when you have a need for Unified Storage, please visit our Web Site at www.sunstarco.com
or call (310) 330-2900 (800) 663-5523
Sunstar Company’s Web Site Has Been Refreshed!
Today we added additional content for our customers that have a need for additional hardware and or software that traditionally would be purchased at a higher cost.
Sometimes there is no need to engage with your Sunstar representative when you know exactly what you want and your cost is displayed immediately.
Simply, find what you need, add the item(s) to the shopping cart and in no time you will receive an email stating that your purchase order has shipped!
This go-to source for our customers should save time and certainly dollars for all our clients.
Check Point Software
Fast, reliable back up and restoration of files and folders. All Unitrends appliances use disk-to-disk technology to provide greater speed and reliability than tape-based systems.
Purpose-built physical backup appliances for enterprise-class virtual, deep virtual, physical protection, and unified computer protection.
Unitrends provides physical, virtual and cloud-based protection and recovery for every organization’s most valuable assets: its data and applications. Supported by a “crazy-committed” customer service model based on engagement, experience and excellence, the company consistently achieves a 98 percent customer satisfaction rating and helps everyone play IT safe by delivering the best cost-to-value ratio available anywhere.
Raw Storage (TB)
Maximum Backup (TB)
The Unitrends Recovery-Series family of rackmount appliances include backup, archiving, and disaster recovery. Available from 4 to 97 terabytes (TBs) of capacity, so you can optimize protection for your environment as well as your budget. The hardest-working appliance in your rack. All-in- one backup appliances include powerful capabilities like deduplication and inflight encryption—features that cost extra with our competitors. Unified Data Protection™ means agent and/or agentless backup, plus image and/or file restores. And no one does Instant Recovery like Unitrends.
- Cloud-ready Appliances. Supports replication to a private cloud or to Unitrends No Limits Cloud™.
- Unified Data Protection™. Protects your physical and virtual environment.
- Heterogeneous Support. Protects over 100 versions of servers, storage, operating systems, hypervisors, and applications.
- Simply Scalable™ Architecture. Monitoring and management of physical and virtual appliances from a single pane of glass.
- Instant Recovery. Meet your recovery time objectives (RTO) and recover servers in minutes. Instant granular file- level recovery, too.
- Point-in-Time Protection. Backup as often as once every 60 seconds. Improve your recovery point objectives (RPOs) with Incremental Forever.
- Bare Metal Restore Technology. Similar and dissimilar, physical and virtual.
- No Limits Licensing. No per-anything fees. Lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) in the industry.
- Easy-to-use Interface. Intuitive, drag-and-drop.
- Customer-Obsessed Service. Regionally based support. Customer satisfaction rate of 98%.
Video production and distribution is evolving at a faster pace than ever before.
Post-production activities require massive amounts of storage. Editors cut and coordinate raw content from multiple feeds.
Staying on top is all about asset management and the ability to scale storage on the fly.
Online or (800) 663-5523
Digital Images are electronic snapshots taken of a scene or scanned from documents, such as photographs, manuscripts, printed texts, and artwork. The digital image is sampled and mapped as a grid of dots or picture elements (pixels). Each pixel is assigned a tonal value (black, white, shades of gray or color), which is represented in binary code (zeros and ones).
The binary digits (“bits”) for each pixel are stored in a sequence by a computer and often reduced to a mathematical representation (compressed). The bits are then interpreted and read by the computer to produce an analog version for display or printing.
As digital imaging grows, it is driving up demand for storage capacity for three reasons: high definition (HD) cameras produce denser images, data retention polices require longer term storage of images and video, and data replication multiplies images as business seek to protect valuable archives. As archives grow, storage performance must keep pace so that valuable files are accessible at all times.
Faster Retrieval of Images and Video Files
- Multiple streams of HD content
- 99.999% availability
- Windows, Linux support
- Both Direct-attached or Networked storage (SAN) available
- Interoperability with Linux and Windows
- SSD and HDD options meet a range speed and capacity requirements
The Dot Hill Ultra48 SAN storage arrays provide high-density SAN storage options for HPC, Cloud, and Big Data applications.
Taking advantage of high-performance SAS and SSD drives and ultra computing power to deliver 6.4 Gibabytes/second performance, the Ultra48 can house up to 48 drives, increasing storage performance density by 200 percent within a 2-rackunit space.
These high-density SANs are ideal for IT managers in the Media and Entertainment, Oil & Gas, Research, Cloud Computing, and Telecommunications industries.
The Ultra48 AssuredSAN models are built on Dot Hill’s reliable, field tested, modular platform that makes these models the easiest SAN storage or direct-attach storage arrays to service and maintain.
The three extensible drive trays support a mix of 2.5-inch drives or SSDs allowing you to achieve ultra productivity.
For the energy conscious, Ultra48 High-Density SAN storage includes Dot Hill’s patented EcoStor, battery-free cache backup technology as well as energy saving drive spin-down.
Optional software features include a full complement of data protection software including snapshots, volume copy and remote replication.
Sunstar Company, Inc. partners with the best hardware and software vendors in the industry. Our extensive experience means we can identify and assess products as they come onto the market, and select the leading technologies for integration onto existing or upgraded storage solutions.
We constantly review new products to provide our customers with the best price performance solutions available. And because our solutions are designed to be vendor-independent, you can be sure you are getting the optimal data management solution for your organisation.
We have broad experience in delivering storage and data management solutions across all the leading technology types including:
- FC, iSCSI, FCoE SAN
- NFS & CIFS Based Network Solutions (NAS)
- Tape and Tape automation solutions
- SSD, SAS, SATA and Hybrid disk technologies
- Archive Content Addressed Storage Platforms
We have solutions that are scaleable and felxible ensuring that there is no under utilised or wasted disk resource or disk pools. Our solution set is also flexible enough to deliver value from the small to medium enterprise through to some of the largest enterprise organisations throughout Europe.
As a technically focused company, we continuously review the storage industry, selecting the best of breed partners on technology (rather than just market position alone). To that end we are able to offer a wide range of technologies from disk (SSD, SAS, NL-SAS & SATA) through to innovative functionality such as Quality of Service and storage tiering.