Companies are spending too much money managing data growth.
You need to optimize your data architecture for business flexibility and data storage efficiency.
The IBM® Storwize® family can help
Storage systems in the Storwize family
Highly scalable midrange virtual storage designed to consolidate workloads into a single system for simplicity of management, reduced cost, storage efficiency, high performance and high availability.
Highly flexible, easy to use, virtual storage helps midsized businesses overcome storage challenges with advanced functionality.
Easy to use, efficient and affordable entry block storage designed for data growth and infrastructure consolidation needs — with capabilities unusual for a system of this class.
IBM SAN Volume Controller
Industry-leading storage virtual storage that enhances existing storage while helping to improve productivity, availability and ROI
- Storage virtualization enhances storage you already own *
- Real-time Compression stores up to 5 times as much data with no application performance impact **
- Easy Tier offers up to 3 times better performance with only 5 percent flash storage
- IP replication reduces remote mirroring costs with innovative network optimization
- Advanced GUI reduces storage management effort up to 47 percent
- High-performance thin provisioningsimplifies and automates deployments
* Not IBM Storwize V3700
** Not IBM Storwize V3700 or Storwize V5000
Feature Benefits Graphical user interface (GUI)
- Provides easy-to-use data management designed with point-and-click system management capabilities
IBM Storage mobile dashboard
- Provides basic monitoring capabilities to securely check the health and performance of Storwize family systems
- Supports business applications that need to grow dynamically, while consuming only the space actually used
IBM Easy Tier
- Provides automatic migration of frequently accessed data elements to high-performing flash storage
- Improves efficiency by storing up to five times as much active primary data in the same physical disk space;† by significantly reducing storage requirements, you can use the improved efficiency to reduce storage costs, or achieve a combination of greater capacity and reduced costs
Unified storage systems‡
- Combines block and file storage requirements into a single system for simplicity and efficiency
- Provides a single user interface for managing both block and file storage, to streamline administration
Metro Mirror and Global Mirror
- Allows synchronous or asynchronous data replication between any Storwize family systems for maximum flexibility
- Helps optimize use of network bandwidth with integrated Bridgeworks SANSlide technology to reduce network costs or speed replication cycles, improving the accuracy of remote data
- Provides efficiency and business value through a nondisruptive migration function
- Virtualize existing IBM and non-IBM storage to make it part of a Storwize family system, where it inherits the advantages of the Storwize systems
IBM Flex System Manager
- With IBM PureFlex Systems, provides management integration of physical and virtual compute, storage, and networking resources from a single vantage point
* Not available with IBM Storwize V5000 or IBM Storwize V3700.
† IBM lab measurements, April 2012.
‡ Refers to IBM Storwize V7000 Unified.
§ Not available with IBM Storwize V3700.