IBM Storwize V3700
Easy-to-use, affordable disk storage with advanced capabilities for small and medium businesses
IBM Storwize® V3700 is an entry level disk storage system designed with sophisticated capabilities unusual for a system of this class. It offers efficiency and flexibility through built-in thin provisioning and non-disruptive migration of data from existing storage. Built upon the innovative technology in the Storwize family, Storwize V3700 addresses block storage requirements of small and midsize organizations at an affordable price.
IBM Storwize V3700 benefits
Proven Storwize ease of management, functionality and interoperability
- Ease of use: The new generation GUI and point-and-click system management capabilities offer easy-to-use data management.
- FlashCopy®: Creates instant copies of data for back up or application testing.
- Thin provisioning: Support business applications that need to grow dynamically, while consuming only the space actually used.
- IBM Easy Tier®: Delivers better performance while controlling costs.
- Internal virtualization: Helps you quickly respond to changing requirements.
- Non disruptive migration: Speeds implementation and minimizes disruption.
- Remote Mirror: Helps create copies of data at remote locations for disaster recovery.
- Turbo performance: Increases system maximum IOPS and maximum throughput.
- Easily manage and deploy storage using a breakthrough graphical user interface
- Gain efficiency with internal storage virtualization and high-performance thin provisioning
- Have continuous access to data with integrated nondisruptive migration
- Improve network utilization for remote mirroring with innovative replication technology
- Optimize costs for mixed workloads, with up to three times performance improvement with only five percent flash storage capacity using IBM® Easy Tier®1
- Comply with Network Equipment Building System (NEBS) Level 3 and European Telecommunication Standards Institute (ETSI) specifications
- Benefit from advanced functionality and reliability usually only found in more expensive systems
- Scale up to 120 2.5-inch disk drives or 60 3.5-inch disk drives with four expansion units
- Provide host attachment through 6 Gbps SAS and 1 Gbps iSCSI ports (standard)
- Help reduce power consumption with energy-saving features
Organizations of all sizes are faced with a tidal wave of data coming from myriad new sources, including sensors, social media, mobile platforms and more. And while the sheer volume of this new data may seem overwhelming, the value of information is stronger than ever—some even consider it the new currency of business. To help maximize the benefits of growing amounts of data, businesses are turning to software-defined environments, which can provide flexibility and responsiveness to business demands—along with higher scalability and greater efficiency.The IBM Storwize® family is the primary IBM storage solution for supporting software-defined environments and virtual infrastructures, delivering flexibility and innovative storage functions. Storwize V3700, the entry-level system in the Storwize family, is an efficient, easy-to-use, high-performance solution that enables small and midsize organizations to meet their changing storage needs.
- Web-based GUI provides point-and-click management capabilities
- Internal disk storage virtualization enables rapid, flexible provisioning and simple configuration changes
- Thin provisioning enables applications to grow dynamically but only consume space they are actually using
- Enables simple data migration from external storage to Storwize V3700 storage (one-way from another storage device)
- FlashCopy creates instant application copies for backup or application testing
- Remote mirroring over low-cost IP enables efficient backups for data protection
- Helps organizations comply with NEBS and ETSI specifications
- 2U modular disk system
- 6 Gbps SAS and 1 Gbps iSCSI host interface with optional 8 Gbps Fibre Channel, 10 Gbps iSCSI/Fibre Channel over Ethernet host ports or additional 6 Gbps SAS, 1 Gbps iSCSI host ports
- Up to 240 TB of capacity
- Maximum disk drives:
- Small form-factor enclosure: 24 x 2.5-inch drives
- Large form-factor enclosure: 12 x 3.5-inch drives
- Supports up to four expansion units (up to 120 drives per system)
- Dual-port, hot-swappable 6 Gb SAS disk drives
- Support for RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6 and 10
- 4 GB cache (per controller) standard, upgradable to 8 GB
- Redundant, hot-swappable power supplies and fans
- AC power (110 – 240 V)
- DC power (-48 – -60 V), available in the small form-factor enclosures
|Graphical user interface (GUI)||
|IBM Systems Director||
|IBM Storage Mobile Dashboard||
|Solid-state drive (SSD)||
|IBM Easy Tier||
|Metro Mirror and Global Mirror||
|NEBS Level 3 and ETSI compliance||
‡ IBM laboratory measurements
|Part number||2072L2C Large form-factor (LFF) dual-control enclosure
2072LEU LFF expansion enclosure
2072S2C Small form-factor (SFF) dual-control enclosure
2072SEU SFF expansion enclosure
2072T2C SFF DC dual-control enclosure
2072TEU SFF DC expansion enclosure
|Host interface||1 Gbps iSCSI and 6 Gbps SAS (optional 8 Gbps Fibre Channel, 1 Gbps iSCSI, 6 Gbps SAS or 10 Gbps iSCSI/Fibre Channel over Ethernet)|
|User interface||Storwize V3700 graphical user interface|
|Single/dual controller||Dual controller|
|Cache per controller||4 GB upgradable to 8 GB|
|Drive type||Dual-port, hot-swappable 6 Gb SAS disk drives|
|Supported drives||SFF 2.5-inch disk drives:
LFF 3.5-inch disk drives:
|Maximum drives supported||
|RAID levels||RAID 0, 1, 5, 6 and 10|
|Fans and power supplies||Fully redundant, hot-swappable|
|Rack support||Standard 19-inch rack-mount enclosure*|
|Management software||Storwize V3700 machine code|
|Advanced functions included with each system||Internal virtualization, thin provisioning, one-way data migration and FlashCopy (up to 64 targets)|
|Optional licensed functions|
|FlashCopy upgrade (up to 2,040 targets), Easy Tier, Remote Mirror and turbo performance|
|Size||LFF dual-control enclosure:
SFF dual-control enclosure:
|Operating environment||Air temperature:
|Heat dissipation (BTU per hour)||LFF dual-control enclosure: 1,222SFF dual-control enclosure: 1,383|
|Supported systems||For a list of currently supported servers, operating systems, host bus adapters, clustering applications and SAN switches and directors, refer to the System Storage Interoperation Center at:ibm.com/systems/support/storage/config/ssic|
|ISV solutions||For a list of high-quality solutions with our partner ISVs, including access to solution briefs and white papers, refer to the ISV Solutions Resource Library.|
* To assure installation and serviceability in non-IBM industry-standard racks, review the Storwize V3700 publications for any product-specific installation requirements.
† Warranty service upgrades via IBM ServicePac® and maintenance agreements.