Support the latest generation of Linear Tape-Open (LTO) technology with one LTO Ultrium 6 full-height tape drive or up to two LTO Ultrium 6 half-height tape drives, as well as LTO Ultrium 5 and 4 tape drives using a 2U form factor
Support Fibre Channel attachment for half-height LTO Ultrium 6 and 5 tape drives
Offer outstanding capacity, performance and reliability with cost-effective backup, restore and archive for midrange storage environments
Manage libraries remotely through a standard web interface that supports flexibility and improved administrative control over storage operations
The IBM® System Storage® TS3100 Tape Library Express® Model and its storage management applications are designed to exceed your capacity, performance, data protection, reliability, affordability and application requirements. The TS3100 is designed as a functionally rich, entry-level tape-storage solution incorporating LTO tape technology.
The TS3100 is an excellent solution for large-capacity or high-performance tape backup with or without random access, as well as an excellent tape automation option for IBM Power Systems™, IBM System x® and other open systems.
The TS3100 is well-suited for handling the backup, restore and archive data-storage needs for small to midsize environments. With the use of one LTO full-height tape drive or up to two LTO half-height tape drives and with a 24-tape cartridge capacity, the TS3100 leverages LTO technology to cost-effectively handle growing storage requirements. The TS3100 is configured with two removable cartridge magazines, one on the left side (12 data cartridge slots) and one on the right (12 data cartridge slots). Additionally, the left magazine includes a single mail slot to help support continuous library operation while importing and exporting media. A bar code reader is standard in the library, supporting the library’s operation in sequential or random-access mode.
The TS3100 also comes standard with remote management capabilities to allow for remote administration of the tape library through a web interface. Path Failover is an optional feature for this library designed to provide automatic control path failover to a preconfigured redundant control path in the event that a host adapter or control path drive is lost, without aborting the current job in process.
- Designed to support LTO Ultrium 6, 5 or 4 tape drives, for increased capacity and performance including Low Voltage Differential (LVD) SCSI, Fibre Channel and SAS attachments
- Designed to offer outstanding capacity, performance and reliability in a 2U form factor with 24 data cartridge slots and a mail slot for midrange storage environments
- Designed to support cost-effective backup, save, restore and archival storage in sequential or random-access mode with a standard bar code reader
- Remote library management through a standard web interface designed to offer flexibility and greater administrative control of storage operations
- 8 Gb Fibre Channel or 6 Gb SAS interfaces
- LVD SCSI drive, 4 Gb Fibre Channel and 3 Gb SAS interfaces in LTO Ultrium 4 full-height
- Use of up to 2 LTO Ultrium half-height tape drives
- Standalone or rack-mount option