TS3200 Tape Library Express Model
Entry-level LTO tape library designed to provide reliable, high-capacity, high-performance tape backup
- Support the latest Linear Tape-Open (LTO) technology with up to two LTO Ultrium 6 full-height tape drives or up to four LTO Ultrium 6 half-height tape drives, as well as LTO Ultrium generation 4 and 5 tape drives using a 4U form factor
- Gain outstanding capacity, performance and reliability for a cost-effective backup, restore and archive for midrange storage environments
- Simplify user access to data stored on LTO Ultrium 6 and 5 cartridges through the use of IBM® Linear Tape File System™ software
- Manage library remotely through a standard web interface with flexibility and greater administrative control of storage operations
The IBM System Storage® TS3200 Tape Library Express® Model leverages the latest generation of LTO technology to help cost-effectively handle growing storage requirements.
The TS3200—and its storage management applications—is designed to address capacity, performance, data protection, reliability, affordability and application requirements. It is designed as a functionally rich, high-capacity, entry-level tape-storage solution incorporating the latest LTO Ultrium tape technology. The TS3200 is an excellent solution for large-capacity or high-performance tape backup with or without random access, as well as an excellent choice for tape automation for IBM Power Systems™, IBM System x® and other, open systems.
- Designed to support LTO Ultrium 6, 5 or 4 tape drives for increased capacity and performance including Low Voltage Differential (LVD) SCSI, Fibre Channel and SAS attachments
- Designed to offer outstanding capacity, performance and reliability in a 4U form factor with 48 data cartridge slots and a mail slot for midrange storage environments
- Designed to support cost-effective backup, save, restore and archival storage in sequential or random-access mode with a standard bar code reader
- Remote library management through a standard web interface designed to offer flexibility and greater administrative control of storage operations
- 8 Gb Fibre Channel or 6 Gb SAS interfaces
- LVD SCSI drive, 4 Gb Fibre Channel and 3 Gb SAS interfaces in LTO Ultrium 4 full-height
- Use of up to four LTO Ultrium half-height tape drives
- Standalone or rack-mount option