5th Generation Scale-Up and Scale-Out All-Flash Array
- Kaminario K2 All-Flash Array delivers consistently high performance combined with cost effectiveness and capacity efficiency no matter what the platform or workload.
- Learn how K2 can help make all of your IT deployments perform better and at a significantly lower effective cost than other storage architectures.
- With K2 all of your data center systems can consistently perform better, cost less, and scale easily and reliably.
- Call (800) 663-5523 for additional information and quote!
Do you invest a lot for your Oracle databases, yet don’t get the performance you need? Find out how a K2 array can help you deliver consistent Oracle performance while significantly reducing storage costs.
Are your SQL Server databases not performing as expected? Are you running into conflicts between production OLTP applications and OLAP business analytics? Find out how an affordable K2 array can keep SQL Server performing even with demanding mixed workloads.
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
Virtualizing an organization’s desktop PCs can be complex and prone to performance problems, leading to dissatisfied and unproductive users. Find out how deploying VDI on a K2 All-Flash Array can ensure that users get the responsive desktops they need.
Server consolidation can become a performance nightmare for both storage and application administrators. Find out how K2’s advanced technologies and capabilities can keep your virtual servers running at their peak.
Big Data places significant demands on storage infrastructure, far beyond those seen from production databases or virtual servers and desktops. K2 can scale up and out meet those demands with ease, letting you use a single array infrastructure for both big data analytics and production systems.
5th Generation Scale-Up and Scale-Out All-Flash Array
The Most Cost Effective All-Flash Enterprise Storage. The Only All-Flash Array that…
- Scales Right: Does BOTH Scale-Up and Scale-Out
- Globally adapts to applications block-size
- Supports global inline selective deduplication
- Allows to mix & match Controllers and SSDs
- Has highest capacity utilization (87.5% with K-RAID™) and highest density (up to 64 TB/U)
Kaminario’s K2 all-flash SAN storage is the industry’s most cost-effective all-flash primary storage array on the market, optimized for the highest cost-effectiveness while also providing consistent performance and scalability across any workload in any environment. The K2 has true Scale-Out architecture with data and metadata distributed across all the nodes and all the SSDs in the system. With built in self-healing high availability and automated data protection K2 consistently delivers low latency, high throughput, and excellent IOPS performance needed by IT.
Key features of K2’s Scalable Performance and Resilience Architecture (SPEAR™) include:
K2 is the only All-Flash Array that can “scale-right” – scale-up with expansion shelves to increase capacity or scale-out with added K-Blocks to increase performance, or both. Scaling the K2 is done non-disruptively, with no downtime or manual tuning required.
The design of Kaminario’s new generation K2 is years ahead of other storage vendors. It is the industry’s most cost-effective All-Flash Array on the market, optimized for the lowest cost per effective GB while also providing consistent performance and scalability across any workload in any environment.
K2 delivers consistent performance even in the face of challenging concurrent I/O demands from databases and virtualized servers or desktops. K2’s consistent performance capabilities under even extreme mixed workloads and SPEAR’s advanced technologies enable K2 to perform exceptionally well as the primary storage tier for a wide range of applications, servers, databases, and user workloads.
Learn More >
K2 has a complete set of native capacity saving features that can save up to 95% of the physical storage used. Data reduction via selective deduplication and global compression, plus thin-provisioning, can dramatically cut the space needed for virtual servers, databases, and virtual desktops. Native writeable snapshots enable backing up and replicating databases, cloning data sets, and archiving virtual machines with no impact on performance and capacity savings of 90%.
Ease of Management
K2’s ease of management ensures that both initial deployment and day-to-day operations are simple and straightforward. K2 leverages its advanced SPEAR software-defined architecture along with a comprehensive web-based management GUI to provide administrators with easy-to-use, yet powerful, all-flash array equipped with a complete set of enterprise-grade management features.
Availability and Resiliency
The Kaminario K2 is architected to meet the requirements of the most demanding enterprise applications. Its availability and resilience is built on a hardware foundation of enterprise-grade components with no single point of failure and continues with SPEAR’s intelligent software, K-RAID dual parity data protection, HealthShield’s proactive cloud-based monitoring, nondisruptive upgrades and the critical enterprise storage features needed for data protection and availability.
K2 features always-on, data-at-rest encryption capabilities engineered with 256-bit AES keys technology. Designed to deliver absolute security and prevent theft, K2’s encryption enables compliance with industry and government regulations without compromising storage efficiency. K2 protects data by requiring administrative authorization for access and ensures no data is available on drives after deletion through a cryptographic SSD erase feature.
The Kaminario K2 All-Flash array has a variety of configurations to suit different customer requirements.
Features 1 K-Block 2 K-Blocks 4 K-Blocks Footprint K-BlocksFootprint +Exp. 4U6U 10U14U 18U26U Usable Capacity * 7TB to 180+TB 14TB to 360+TB 28TB to 720+TB Density TB/U * Up to 30TB Media
Enterprise Class MLC400GB SSD
IOPS Up to 250K Up to 500K Up to 1M Bandwidth Up to 3.2GB Up to 6.4GB Up to 12.8GB Latency 0.35mSec Power (Max)Power (Typical) 1.1KW-1.4KW0.8KW-1KW 2.5KW-3.1KW1.7KW-2.2KW 4.8KW-6.1KW3.3KW-4.3KW Cooling MaxCooling Typical 3.9K-5K BTU/hr2.7K-3.5K BTU/hr 8.6K-10.8K BTU/hr6K-7.6K BTU/hr 16.4K-20.8K BTU/hr11.4K-14.6K BTU/hr Snapshots Up to 8000 Snapshots Management CLI (SSH), HTTP/HTTPS GUI, Scripting (SSH), RESTful API, VAAI, SNMP, OpenStack, VSS, VMware vCenter Plug-in Data reduction Global Selective Inline Deduplication, Inline Compression, Thin provisioning Connectivity FC/iSCSI FC: 4x 8GbpsiSCSI: 4x 10GbE FC: 8x 8GbpsiSCSI: 8x 10GbE FC: 16x 8GbpsiSCSI: 16x 10GbE Management ports 2x 1GbE
* Capacity is subject to drive size and the application data reduction ratio. For some datasets such as VDI the range will be higher.
Features Kaminario K2 Storage Efficiency & Density
- High density at 30TB/U
- Low metadata footprint
- Metadata is also kept in the storage array SSDs
- Global inline Compression
- Global Inline Selective deduplication
- Always inline
- Scale out architecture with deduplication across all nodes
- Turn deduplication on for VDI and virtual environments and turn it off for OLTP, OLAP where deduplication has little or no effect.
Performance / Workload Profiles
- Optimized for mix workloads with global adaptive block size
- Automatically adapts to support OLTP, OLAP, Virtualized and VDI environments
- Linear performance growth with scale-out
- Consistent Performance and functionality under any load, with high IOPS and Bandwidth and with low latency
Performance / Capacity Scaling
- Supports both Scale-Up AND Scale-Out
- Linear growth in both capacity and performance
- Growing by 250K IOPS per k-Block
- Keeping a consistent low latency
- 180+TB per single K-Block in 6U
- 720+TB per 4 x K-Block
- Scale-out to achieve required performance
- K2 is functioning as fully Active/Active AFA, it drives the performance up and enable full utilization of available processing power.
Cost Average of $2/GB with guaranteed usable capacity Endurance 7 years of Flash endurance warranty Resiliency and Protection
- Highly robust K-RAID™ scheme – 87.5% utilization rate
- Supports a total of three SSD failures per shelf, and sustains a second failure during the first SSD auto-recovery process
- Not compromising performance during normal operation and under recovery.
- Real Scale-Out Array with single management scheme
- Management capabilities:
- vCenter plugin
- RESTful API