Spectra Logic’s large-scale, long-term storage and archive solutions utilizing automated tape libraries and disk systems will protect your data efficiently and securely.
Active Archive with Spectra Logic
Fast and reliable online access to ALL your data with Active Archive
Active Archive is a combined solution of open systems applications, disk and tape hardware that allows users to access all of their data, and gives you an effortless solution that stores and manage all of your data.
Latest developments in open systems application developments and tape storage are rapidly changing how you can store and manage data. With the ability to extend file systems seamlessly onto tape, active archiving is the latest solution approach that can leverage the strong suits of any storage medium. Now you have the ability to extend a file system over a myriad of different storage structures to appear as a single, logical storage volume, allowing data to reside at the most appropriate storage level.
Spectra T-Series tape libraries meet all of the necessary requirements for Active Archive Tape by providing a unique set of library features that keeps your data online and protected.
To meet the demands of extreme data growth and long-term retention, the Spectra BlackPearl™ Deep Storage Appliance enables users to easily store massive data forever at virtually no cost. Designed for organizations where data is a significant part of their operations, BlackPearl allows data to move seamlessly into mass tape storage in a way not previously possible. BlackPearl enables users to deploy a tier of deep storage that is cost effective, easy to manage and scalable to Exabytes of data. With BlackPearl’s simple RESTful DS3 interface and embedded tape management software, organizations will confidently store all of their data forever.
- Integrates easily, and fully certified, with Archive Management applications
- Highest Power Efficiency: Spectra’s tape libraries use significantly less power than other tape products.
- Highest Density: Based upon Spectra’s architecture that stores tapes vertically in TeraPack containers, our libraries offer the highest storage density available and occupy less space than competing libraries.
- Built-in BlueScale management software intelligence for data reliability and data integrity validation to minimize unscheduled down time
- Media Lifecycle Management (MLM): Lifetime reporting on the reliability, usage and tracking of data and cleaning media. PreScan checks the tape leader alignment, threading and ensures that the tape can be written to, and PostScan performs a background verification pass to ensure your data has been written to tape.
- Drive Lifecycle Management (DLM): Monitors and reports drive usage and performs verification tests to help prevent drive failures.
- Scale up to 960 drives in a single system for fast throughput; performance optimized configurations available to meet file access time requirements.
- Committed multi-year future roadmap available for libraries, software and drive technology additions that further your density and throughput benefits.
Multi-Task Your Library
Take full advantage of your whole Spectra library. When using Spectra’s Shared Library Services (SLS) function, you have the ability to partition your library for both archiving and backup operations.
Solutions by Industry:
- Active Archive
- Media and Entertainment
- High-Performance Computing
- Cloud Computing