Imation Introduces the Nexsan™ Fibre Channel Hybrid Storage Appliance, Purpose-Built for Media and Entertainment and Data Protection Workloads
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
The NST2000 delivers next-generation hybrid caching technology to mid-sized organizations, fulfilling changing application and storage needs with new levels of performance, scalability and efficiency
Imation (NYSE:IMN), a global data storage and information security company, today at BVE 2015 in London introduced the Nexsan NST2000 – a new ultra-efficient hybrid storage appliance purpose-built for media and entertainment and data protection workloads that will deliver Fibre Channel connectivity and all the benefits of hybrid storage to mid-sized organizations. The NST2000 is only entry-level when it comes to its price point – it expands upon Imation’s Nexsan NST™ family of hybrid storage solutions, and will be spotlighted at Imation’s booth (M24) through the end of the show. It will be available in the second quarter.
The NST2000 delivers a powerful yet simple to deploy and manage hybrid storage solution using the latest high-performance technologies, and provides the scalability and flexibility to meet the needs of organizations that continue to rapidly add new applications to their environments. With an intelligent hybrid caching layer, NST2000 is optimized for mixed application workloads, media and entertainment workflows and data protection strategies. NST2000 also is ideal for organizations looking to strategically move toward hybrid storage and take advantage of the new levels of performance, availability and reliability it can deliver.
As with all of the hybrid storage systems in the NST product family, NST2000 has a standard all-inclusive software licensing model which includes features such as:
- Unified Fibre Channel Support – NST2000 expands the Nexsan NST family’s unified block and file sharing capabilities by adding Fibre Channel connectivity for those small and medium-sized organizations that prefer it for their applications. This gives organizations the ability to take advantage of the benefits of NST’s hybrid storage using a full range of unified storage protocols, including iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, FTP and now Fibre Channel.
- Capacity Scalability –NST2000 capacities start at 13TB and can scale up to 168TB and 2TB FASTier™ cache, delivering much more flexibility to IT administrators.
- Intelligent Hybrid Caching – The NST2000 combines Imation’s intelligent caching algorithms with solid-state disks (SSD’s) and the latest processor technology to provide blazing fast performance for business critical applications.
- Enhanced Data Reduction – The NST2000 delivers faster and smarter inline compression. Compressible data can be processed 50 percent faster than with preceding NST arrays, and intelligence removes the penalty of trying to act upon noncompressible data.
“With the introduction of the NST2000, organizations have an entirely new set of options for storing, managing and protecting the high-value data they create in situations like digital asset management in media and entertainment workflows,” said Mike Stolz, vice president of marketing and technical support for Imation’s Nexsan solutions. “They can deploy hybrid storage, realize new levels of performance, scale their data centers to new levels of capacity and much more – all at a price point that was previously inaccessible to them given their limited budgets and resources. We’re excited to help these organizations operate more efficiently and generate more ROI from their storage investment – and to add the NST2000 to help address a full range of application requirements.”
Imation’s Nexsan NST™ is a set of flexible hybrid storage appliances that scale to meet mid-sized organization application and storage needs with unified NAS and SAN access capabilities in a single solution. Other product lines in Imation’s deep Nexsan portfolio of purpose-built storage solutions are:
- Imation’s Nexsan E-Series™ is a family of high-density, high-performance and highly reliable storage solutions that can be directly attached or networked to workstations and servers.
- Imation’s Nexsan Assureon™ is a set of secure storage solutions that reduce storage cost by offloading and deduplicating data from primary storage that is infrequently used or has aged by policy.
For more information call Sunstar Company, Inc. (800) 663-5523