StrongBox is the ultimate storage solution for unstructured data. StrongBox® is a NAS appliance that provides online, near-line & archive storage for unstructured data while simplifying data management and protection.
Combining flexible, policy-driven disk storage with Linear Tape File System (LTFS) technology, StrongBox empowers users to control storage expenses without sacrificing performance or adding complexity.
StrongBox looks and behaves like any other NAS file system but delivers a cost savings.
- Data storage is too expensive and exceeds current budget
- Fixed content is still being backed up
- Archival data requires online file access
- Unstructured data management is too complex
- Disaster Recovery (DR) – second copy and/or off-site copy, compliance/regulatory requirements
Yes the StrongBox is a NAS appliance designed for unstructured data, in addition it can be used for primary storage with built-in data protection or an active archive that maximizes ROI
Online/Near-line – Data is online and available, always protected on tape, no 3rd party applications or backup required
Archive Mode – Disk performance with the economics of tape; data is protected and always accessible
- StrongBox’s intelligent storage management delivers performance while balancing storage costs to ensure the maximum ROI
- Supports any external SAS/FC disk for expanded capacity
- Supports all major library vendors (LTO 5/6 and plus IBM 1140/1150 drives)
- Non-proprietary: tapes can be read with any LTFS-ready drive, no vendor lock-in