At some point in time a backup solution will be deployed in all organizations. Sure there is a wide choice of offerings and we are not just talking about disk or tape. For the most part a number of vendors are required for a backup solution to be deployed.
More likely both software and hardware will be required. This works but what we at Sunstar have learned over the years that in time, more challenges arise. Operating Systems get updated or changed, hardware is replaced and then there is the added headache that support must be available from both the software and hardware vendor.
It is for these reasons that many of our clients have opted to an “all in one” solution. Unitrends is one of our “go to vendors” when a client will best be suited by an all in solution.
Recovery-Series family features include:
- All-in-one integrated appliance models with AES-NI hardware encryption, scaling from 1TB to 97TB of raw storage, 8GB to 256GB memory, and 2 to 16 CPU cores.
- Solid State Drives (SSD)—1st integrated appliance (1U and larger) to include variable sized solid-state drives (SSDs) as a 2nd-layer read cache. As more backups are processed and replicated, data is cached in SSD cache, speeding up read requests and increasing data I/O.
- Recovery assurance including the industry’s only Windows VM and physical server instant recovery capability coupled with hypervisor-level instant recovery and auditing via the ReliableDR add-on.
- Virtualization, deep virtualization, physical, and unified compute protection for over 100 versions of applications, operating systems, servers, and storage.
- Unitrends Bridge Convert physical systems to virtual systems, vSphere or Hyper-V, in a single click to external virtualization hosts.
- Unified Bare Metal One-pass dissimilar bare metal capability that performs both bare metal as well as granular file-level backup.
- NDMP Backup and NAS Backup Optional NDMP NAS Protection provides enhanced storage integration for EMC and NetApp NAS devices with simplified backup management, improved performance, while maintaining access control lists (ACLs) on recovered files.
- Cloud-empowered disaster recovery and business continuity your way—via ourUnitrends Cloud which offers No Limits Cloud storage with strict RTO SLAs and DRaaSfor Windows and VMware. But we don’t lock you in—we offer cloud disaster recovery even via third-party cloud solutions with our CloudHook functionality supporting Amazon, Google, Dropbox and many more.
- Granular disaster recovery via local archiving—D2D2x (Disk-to-Disk-to-Any) including rotational disk, rotational tape, fixed SAN, and fixed NAS—so that you can build WAN bandwidth-saving disaster recovery and business continuity policies.
- Our Pledge free hardware forever policy included with any 3 or 5 year support plan.
- Predictive analytics that monitors and predicts hardware and software failures before they occur.
Right-size your appliance to fit your exact business needs, from the remote office to the enterprise. Choose from a granular family of Recovery-Series appliances that easily scale up and scale out as your business grows.
Raw Capacity (TB)
Backup Capacity (TB)
The data you create, maintain and destroy will have different use cases.
Some of these use cases will involve the near daily access of this data, but in most cases the data is never accessed again until some event triggers its restoration need.
Structured and Unstructured Data.
For the most part, structured data refers to information with a high degree of organization, such that inclusion in a relational database is seamless and readily searchable by simple, straightforward search engine algorithms or other search operations.
Unstructured data, the lack of structure makes compilation a time and energy-consuming task. It would be beneficial to a company across all business strata to find a mechanism of data analysis to reduce the costs unstructured data adds to the organization.
IDC estimates the volume of digital data will grow 40% to 50% per year. By 2020, IDC predicts the number will have reached 40,000 EB, or 40 zettabytes (ZB). The world’s information is doubling every two years. By 2020 the world will generate 50 times the amount of information and 75 times the number of information containers. Computer World states that unstructured information might account for more than 70%–80% of all data in organizations.
Protect your data
Offload your unstructured data to the Nexsan Assureon:
Free up capacity on primary storage.
Reduce your daily backup
This is all possible because the Nexsan Assureon:
- Do you know if all your files are in the “backup” or archive? ASSUREON √
- Is there a copy of all your flies at your remote site? ASSUREON √
- What is the health (integrity) of your files at each site? ASSUREON √
- If they are different which one is correct? ASSUREON √
- The ASSUREON √ will allow your Data Center Manager to state with confidence that “your archived data is safe and has integrity”.