Unitrends Cloud is a disaster recovery and business continuity offering that takes the capabilities of their Recovery-Series and their Unitrends Enterprise Backup backup products and enhances them with our cloud capabilities.
You get the recovery and recovery assurance technologies that you would traditionally achieve from their appliances.
- No Limits Cloud
- Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS.)
Unitrends Unveils Next-Generation Physical Backup and Recovery Appliances with Tiered Flash Storage
BURLINGTON, Mass., Jan. 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Unitrends today unveiled the next generation of its Recovery-Series family of purpose-built backup appliances (PBBAs). With its new portfolio, which includes 11 models that scale from 1 terabyte (TB) to 97 TB of raw storage, Unitrends sets a new standard in backup and recovery performance with tiered flash storage and makes cloud adoption much more affordable for companies of all sizes.
Tiered Flash Storage Boosts Performance
With the release of the next-generation Recovery-Series family, Unitrends becomes the data protection industry’s price/performance leader. The company is bringing the value of flash storage, at new unprecedented price points, to its Recovery-Series appliances ranging from 1U and above. Tiered flash storage delivers improved backup performance, faster restore and disaster recovery processes, and greater scalability and flexibility. Additionally, customers now have the ability to implement policies around flash cache usage to optimize performance as data grows and prevent performance degradation, even as appliances age.
In addition to tiered flash storage, Unitrends has made a number of product enhancements that drive superior performance, including upgrades to the hardware’s central processing unit (CPU), advancements in its memory and RAID, and improvements in compression capabilities. The result is unrivaled backup and disaster recovery performance both locally and in the cloud, including:
- A 300 percent improvement in backup processing time
- A 300 percent improvement in recovery point objectives (RPOs)
- A 125 percent improvement in recovery time objectives (RTOs)
- A 200 percent improvement in local archiving
The Unitrends Recovery-Series family now caters to organizations of all sizes – from small businesses and remote office/branch office (ROBO) locations to large enterprises. The product line features three new low-cost physical appliances for small businesses and two new 3U form factor appliances, along with a 4U model, for enterprises with high-volume storage needs. Small businesses with a modest IT budget can purchase the Recovery-201 desktop appliance, which is priced at approximately $1,200, or the Recovery-602 or Recovery-603 1U half-height rack appliances, which start around $4,000. Companies with large storage requirements can choose from two new 3U appliances – the Recovery-933S, which includes 37 TB of raw storage, or the Recovery-936S, featuring 73 TB of raw storage – or the 4U 943S appliance with 97 TB of raw storage.
Additionally, Unitrends is making hybrid cloud adoption more affordable than ever by offering its No Limits Cloud™ service to Recovery-Series customers at price points suitable for entry-level companies. The No Limits Cloud replication service, along with the company’s Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) offering, comprise the Unitrends Cloud, which is augmented with Recovery Assurance for vSphere™ and Hyper-V® environments.
Unitrends next-generation Recovery-Series appliances are available now and can be purchased from Sunstar Company, Inc.
Unitrends Cloud is a disaster recovery and business continuity offering that takes the capabilities of our Recovery-Series and our Unitrends Enterprise Backup backup products and enhances them with our cloud capabilities.
It means that you get the recovery and recovery assurance technologies you’ve come to expect from our appliances—including granular archiving,
Windows physical and guest operating system (GOS) level instant recovery and recovery assurance via auditing, and virtual hypervisor instant recovery and recovery assurance via Recovery Assurance for vSphere—and then empowers your appliance with these capabilities and more in our Unitrends Cloud.
- Low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) with no second site capital expense and simplified pricing (based on the size of the on-premise appliance) maximizes your budget dollars.
- Drives lower energy consumption by eliminating large server rooms, saving power consumption and energy cost at your site. Lower carbon footprint and energy consumption helps companies meet green IT initiatives.
- Advanced WAN Optimization (WO) with variable block source deduplication for highly effective use of available WAN bandwidth.
- Integrated local archiving with replication for granular protection and WAN optimization.
- Configurable security options with AES-256 encryption capabilities for data in-flight and at-rest.
- Superior ease of use with integrated granular archiving and Unitrends Cloud offerings integrated into our single-pane-of-glass for management and monitoring.
- Rapid deployment in a matter of minutes with the same replication and archive wizards as Recovery-Series and Unitrends Enterprise Backup on premise appliances.
- Our award-winning crazy-committed customer support who leads the industry with 98% customer satisfaction.
No Limits Cloud
Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) Cloud
To learn more call (800) 663-5523