Today it is not uncommon for a company to have multiple offices over a wide geographical area. Yet their is a need to share data on a daily basis between personnel.
- Wide-area file services (WAFS) makes it possible to access a remote data center across a wide area network (WAN) as though it were local.
- WAN optimization and file access acceleration are important elements.
- Caching is used to reduce WAN congestion and disruption.
WAFS enables businesses, academic institutions, and government agencies with numerous branch offices to centrally manage data backups in real time.
Benefits include immediate read-write access to backed-up data for all end users in the network, low latency and rapid data transfer speed comparable to local area networks, continuous real-time updating of backup content, enhanced data security and simple, rapid system recovery in the event the network is compromised or damaged.
For more information please call Sunstar at 800.663.5523 to learn more.
At times we have the need to share large files with internal and external recipients without worrying about workflow disruptions, file size restrictions, or resource restraints.
Enter GlobalScape’s Mail Express: A secure file sharing solution that allows for the movement of data quickly and securely.
Mail Express provides for simple, secure (HTTPS) file exchange via email, unlimited file size, Outlook integration, and encryption of both the message and the attachments.
These attachments are encrypted to protect personal information, complying with HIPAA, HITECH, SOX, PCI DSS, and others.
All file transfers can be tracked and viewed at any time.
To learn more, please call sales at Sunstar Company to learn more.
Toll Free (800) 663-5523 Local (310) 330-2900
Remotely Access and Securely Share Files
- WAFS simplifies collaboration and allows you to easily locate files, eliminate errors, and decrease bandwidth usage.
- WAFS eliminates slow, cumbersome collaboration and helps you avoid project delays, budget overages, and angry clients.
- WAFS prevents files from being altered by multiple people at the same time. As soon as you open a file, WAFS locks it, preventing anyone else from altering it. (Others can open a read-only version.) Once you’ve saved your changes, the lock is removed, and the alterations are replicated in real-time within the Vault.
- The Vault guards against data loss and corruption by saving both current and past uncorrupted documents for easy access. If a file is deleted or becomes corrupt, an administrator can securely retrieve files from the Vault history. You can also access previous versions of files to track changes. The Vault makes remote file access and tracking easier than ever.
- Continue working on documents offline by accessing them on your desktop. When the Agent goes back online, it performs an initial synchronization with the Vault. If more than one person changed the file while the network was offline, WAFS allows the admin to choose which version to keep, or to start from a previous version
- File replication ensures that current files are accessible anywhere on the WAN. When you pair Autodesk® Revit® Worksharing capabilities with WAFS by Globalscape, users from locations around the world can access and share files over a WAN at local-area-network speeds.
The result: Faster and more reliable element borrowing and multi-user access to entire worksets.
To learn more about GlobalScape Wide Area File Service (WAFS) please contact us here at Sunstar Company, Inc.
(800) 663-5523 or online