New and re-certified IBM TS1140 Tape Drives ready to ship: For your library or in a stand alone configuration.
- Linear Serpentine recording
- 4 TB capacity using JC/JY media
- 1.6 TB capacity using JB/JX media
- 500 GB capacity using JK media
- 800 MBps burst data rate
- Compact 3.8 in x 7.8 in x 18.4 in dimensions
The IBM TS1140:
- Offers high performance and high capacity tape processing for storage consolidation
- Helps enhance information security with support for encryption and key management
- Improves information retention with support for existing IBM tape automation
- Supports Write Once Read Many (WORM) cartridges to help satisfy compliance requirements
Please note that we repair your defective IBM Enterprise Drives (all 3592 models) and should you need a unit today rushed out to you we can accommodate your requirement. Call (800) 663-5523 and we will work with you.
The IBM System Storage TS1140 Tape Drive features storage capabilities to help you establish easy, rapid access to data, improve security, provide long-term retention, and help maintain data governance and regulatory compliance. The TS1140 tape drive offers high-performance flexible data storage with support for data encryption. The drive can help you protect your investments in tape automation by offering compatibility with existing automation.
The TS1140 tape drive supports the System Storage TS3500 Tape Library and IBM racks that enable stand-alone installation.
The TS1140 features three options for Type C media. The 3592 Advanced data tape cartridge, JC, provides up to 4.0 TB native capacity, and up to 4.0 TB are provided by the 3592 Advanced WORM cartridge, JY. A limited capacity of up to 500 GB Economy cartridge, JK, offers fast access to data. The TS1140 tape drive can also read and write on previous media, type B (JB and JX), and read only on type A (JA, JW, JJ and JR).
Library and standalone and dektop TS1140 drives available for shipment today.
New and Refurbished Drives are sold with warranty.
IBM System Storage TS1140 Tape Drive Model E07 (machine type 3592) is the fourth generation of the highly successful IBM 3592 Enterprise Tape Drive.
The IBM 3592 TS1140 Model E07 has a native cartridge capacity of 1.6 TB and 4.8 TB extended.
- Native data rate performance of up to 250 MB/sec (up to 650 MB/sec compressed)
- Uncompressed cartridge formatting of up to 4.0 TB (12.0 TB with 3:1 compression) with the use of IBM Tape Cartridge 3592 Advanced Data (Type C)Dual Fibre Channel interface at 8 Gbps designed to enhance attachment flexibility
- Effective media reuse with capacity to read and write up to N-1 generation media
- Encryption capabilities designed to work with the IBM Tivoli Key Lifecycle Manager
- Small form factor to help improve space efficiency of tape infrastructure
- High availability design
- The high reliability of the 3592 tape drive and media is maintained and improved with these features:
The TS1140 is designed to provide up to 4.0 TB uncompressed capacity with the IBM Tape Cartridge 3592 Advanced Data (Type C) media.
|Models||Native cartridge capacity (native/compressed)||Extended|
|TS1120 Model E05||800GB||2.1 TB|
|TS1130 Model E06||1 TB||3 TB|
|TS1140 Model E07||1.6 TB||4.8 TB|