- Assureon is an archive storage solution from Nexsan that is suitable for primary storage optimization, regulatory and corporate compliance, and the secure, long-term retention of files.
- The Assureon offloads data from primary storage, freeing up capacity for active data and greatly reduces the size, cost and complexity of backups.
- Security features comply with corporate and governmental regulatory requirements including HIPAA, SOX and SEC-17.
- Data integrity features such as file-fingerprinting, encryption, serialization and keeping a second copy on a second Assureon ensures that your files can not be changed.
The Assureon is rather easy to administer and operates transparently without disruption to users or applications and can reside on-premise, in the cloud, or both.
The data you create, maintain and destroy will have different use cases.
Some of these use cases will involve the near daily access of this data, but in most cases the data is never accessed again until some event triggers its restoration need.
Structured and Unstructured Data.
For the most part, structured data refers to information with a high degree of organization, such that inclusion in a relational database is seamless and readily searchable by simple, straightforward search engine algorithms or other search operations.
Unstructured data, the lack of structure makes compilation a time and energy-consuming task. It would be beneficial to a company across all business strata to find a mechanism of data analysis to reduce the costs unstructured data adds to the organization.
IDC estimates the volume of digital data will grow 40% to 50% per year. By 2020, IDC predicts the number will have reached 40,000 EB, or 40 zettabytes (ZB). The world’s information is doubling every two years. By 2020 the world will generate 50 times the amount of information and 75 times the number of information containers. Computer World states that unstructured information might account for more than 70%–80% of all data in organizations.
Protect your data
Offload your unstructured data to the Nexsan Assureon:
Free up capacity on primary storage.
Reduce your daily backup
This is all possible because the Nexsan Assureon:
- Do you know if all your files are in the “backup” or archive? ASSUREON √
- Is there a copy of all your flies at your remote site? ASSUREON √
- What is the health (integrity) of your files at each site? ASSUREON √
- If they are different which one is correct? ASSUREON √
- The ASSUREON √ will allow your Data Center Manager to state with confidence that “your archived data is safe and has integrity”.