Reliable High Density Storage Arrays Turbocharged for High Performance
The Nexsan E18 V is an ultra-reliable, high-density, high performance, efficient storage array that enables lower storage costs, maximum storage uptime, and data storage ROI boosts for your organization. E-Series V systems consume less than one-third of the power in one-third of the rack space of typical arrays, with up to 324TB (with 6TB NL-SAS drives) of capacity in just 6U (each array is a mere 2U, supporting 18 drives) and now offers 400% more memory and 50% increased CPU speed over the E-SeriesTM.
E-Series V Key Benefits
- Reliability – features Anti-Vibration Design and Cool Drive TechnologyTM.
- Availability – uses Active Drawer TechnologyTM and redundant hot swappable active components.
- High Performance – utilizes Imation’s latest multi RAID engine controller technology.
- Energy Efficient – delivers up to 87% reduction in power while lowering your cooling needs through the use of AutoMAID®.
- Flexible Connectivity – connects via SAS, Fibre Channel or iSCSI (10GbE and 1GbE)
- Easy to Manage – remotely manage one or many systems within a single, intuitive GUI.
Optimize Your Capacity Needs Now & Expand in the Future
The E-Series V storage arrays and expansion units offer mid-size organizations affordable enterprise-level Fibre Channel, SAS and/or iSCSI SAN storage used for a variety of capacity-optimized and performance-driven applications.
For larger organizations, E-Series V is a versatile SAN or DAS solution to stay ahead of the enormous data growth, demanding workloads, and high resiliency requirements in media & entertainment, government, healthcare, HPC, financial, surveillance and service provider sectors.
Turbocharge Your Performance for Ultra-Fast Write Speed
E-Series V features an advanced active/active controller design, including use of a dedicated hardware engine, or “turbocharger”, which accelerates RAID parity generation and doubles the sequential write performance over the prior version of E-Series. The turbocharged E-Series V is ideal for back-up and recovery applications and continuous data streaming bulk storage applications.
Achieve More Efficiency in Higher Density Than Typical Arrays
Organizations deploying E-Series V san storage arrays can mix and match capacity-optimized HDDs and performance-optimized HDDs and SSDs to meet performance and capacity needs. E-Series V arrays consume less than one-third of the power in one-third of the rack space of typical arrays.
With E-Series V systems, you can engage Nexsan AutoMAID® disk management capabilities to reduce power consumption by up to 87%, lowering operating expenses and extending the overall life of the system.
Ensure Your Data Is Protected with Qualified, Reliable Design
The E-Series V storage array exceeds the most stringent reliability demands, leveraging an innovative hardware design including Cool Drive TechnologyTM and anti-vibration design that significantly reduces heat and vibration while improving system reliability and performance. The reliability of E-Series V is qualified through extensive stress testing before shipment. Array-based snaps and asynchronous replication extend E-Series V data protection capabilities. For more information, download the Snapshot & Replication data sheet.
Access Your Data Continuously
The E-Series V features multipathing support and dual redundant, hot-swappable active components. As an administrator, you will receive SNMP alerts or email notifications of component failures. Upon drive failure, a spare drive is automatically rebuilt into the RAID set for complete business continuity.
With up to 16GB of battery-backed and flash-protected cache per controller, the E-Series V solution mirrors cache between controllers in a dual controller configuration. Active Drawer TechnologyTM overcomes the challenges of competitive arrays by allowing a technician to service a drawer of drives easily while keeping your data available.
Imation (NYSE:IMN), a global data storage and information security company, today announced it is now offering 6TB hard disk drives with its Nexsan E-Series™ family of data storage solutions.
Through E-Series, users now can pack more than 1PB of storage capacity into 12 rack units and more than 3.5PB into a standard rack, achieving a new level of density and capacity customization in their data storage.
“The ability to pack 1PB of storage into 12U unlocks tremendous new levels of storage scalability in the data center,” said Mike Stolz, vice president of marketing and technical support for Imation’s Nexsan solutions. “But it doesn’t stop there – it also means users can realize significant savings on operational expenses through less floor space, cooling, power and related items. This is just the latest example of our commitment to always give our partners an edge in the market, and deliver cutting-edge efficient storage solutions that help their customers grow their bottom lines.”
In addition to the new capacity capabilities, Imation has added more forward-thinking features and functionality to the E-Series family, including:
- Support for 16Gb Fibre Channel to enable increased throughput performance;
- An E32XV expansion unit to add more system performance and capacity to the Nexsan E32V storage array and deliver more value to database applications;
- Support for Microsoft’s Offload Data Transfer (ODX) to minimize the host resources required for data transfers and eliminate the SAN as a bottleneck for files such as databases and video;
- Snapshot cloning to enable volumes to be created and internal data migration to be done from snapshots. This makes it possible for users to move production data to test environments without disrupting their production environments.
Imation’s Nexsan E-Series is a family of high-density, high-performance and highly reliable storage solutions that can be directly attached or networked to workstations and servers. E-Series delivers the density and efficiency that mid-sized organizations need to scale their capacity while lowering their overall space requirements and operating costs. All E-Series systems take the extra step to reduce power and cooling requirements through their multi-level, power-reducing AutoMAID™ capabilities. They also include an easy-to-use management interface that simplifies deployment and management for the resource-constrained IT administrator.
The E-Series family is just one part of Imation’s Nexsan deep portfolio of purpose-built storage solutions, enabling users to deploy the right storage products for the right application. The other Nexsan product lines are:
- Imation’s Nexsan NST™ is a set of flexible hybrid storage appliances that scale to meet mid-sized organization application and storage needs with unified NAS and SAN access capabilities in a single solution. NST combines high performance, high capacity and Imation’s innovative FASTier™ caching technology to provide scaling performance for mixed application workloads and virtualized environments. FASTier is NST’s hybrid caching layer that uses intelligent algorithms over DRAM and SSD cache tiers to grow performance cost-effectively when it is required. NST enables businesses to right size their initial acquisition and increase performance as their applications demand it. Also, NST’s data compression capabilities reduce storage system footprint in the data center and improve write efficiency and performance to SSDs and HDDs.
- Imation’s Nexsan Assureon™ is a set of secure storage solutions that reduce storage cost by offloading and deduplicating data that is infrequently used or has aged by policy from primary storage. Assureon, through policy automation, can eliminate or greatly reduce the size, cost and complexity of backups for primary and infrequently accessed data. Assureon includes multi-tenancy – with secure copy creation, data movement and long term storage – and chargeback capabilities for public and private cloud deployments. Data integrity features like file-fingerprinting and automated self-healing integrity checks ensure that your high-value data is protected. Assureon’s security features comply with corporate and governmental regulatory requirements and make it well suited for medical, financial and government organizations.