Sunstar Company stocks spare parts for the StorageTek Tape Libraries listed below.
Be it a replacement drive in the appropriate tray or any library hardware, we will in all likelihood have inventory or access to more parts.
Media – we always have media for sale. (New and re-certified)
- StorageTek SL8500 Modular Library System
- StorageTek SL3000 Modular Library System
- StorageTek SL150 Modular Tape Library
- StorageTek SL500 Modular Tape Library
- StorageTek L700 Modular Tape Library
- StorageTek L180 Tape Library
- StorageTek L80 Tape Library
- StorageTek L40 Tape Library
- StorageTek L20 Tape Library
- StorageTek SL48 Tape Library
- StorageTek SL24 Autoloader
Please call (800) 663-5523 for more information or contact us online
- Store up to 8.5 TB of uncompressed data per standard cartridge and 1.6 TB per sport cartridge
- Unique hub lock design and the StorageTek T10000 tape cartridge SafeGuide system
- Minimize tape mounts and improve automation efficiency with a low cost-per-gigabyte storage medium
- Reformat and reuse StorageTek T10000 tape cartridges with the next-generation tape
For the StorageTek T10000A and T10000B tape drives, the StorageTek T10000 tape cartridge can store up to 1 TB of data to help you meet rapidly growing data storage requirements.
Ultra-high capacity makes the StorageTek T10000 and T10000 T2 tape cartridges ideal for all high-volume backup, archiving, and disaster recovery applications.
Sunstar Company has T2 media for sale. Please call (800) 663-5523 for a quote.
Sunstar Company, Inc continues to grow it’s inventory of StorageTek Tape Drives.
We have all models of both the T10000 and T9840 drives ready to ship with the appropriate tray for your Oracle / Suns / StorageTek Tape Library
T10000A T10000B T10000C
T9840A T9840B T9840C T9840D
Looking for a replacement drive?
Call with the tray part number and we can match your requirement.
Sunstar sales: (800) 663-5523
To Lean More – Contact Sunstar Company, Inc sales at (310) 330-2900
Oracle has released the StorageTek T10000D enterprise tape drive with 8.5 TB of native capacity and a data transfer rate of 252 MB/s. It is backward read compatible for the three previous generations of this product.
It has 54 percent more capacity per cartridge compared to the previous generation. The company touts it as the first tape drive with support for both 16 Gb/s Fibre Channel (FC) and 10 Gb/s Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE). Users can drag-and-drop multiple tape volumes onto a single StorageTek T10000D cartridge.
“Oracle’s new StorageTek T10000D tape drive is the fastest and highest capacity drive available,” said James Cates, Vice President, Hardware Development, Oracle. “Customers can use it to accelerate massive consolidation of long-term archives, improve data center efficiency, and lower TCO.”
IBM has released the TS1150 enterprise drive with a native data rate of 360 MB/sec, up about 50% from the previous version (TS1140). It has a capacity of 10 TB per cartridge.
The company has also been busy with the release of LTFS LE version 2.1.4 (Linear Tape File System) which now supports non-IBM tape libraries. And IBM has been working with Quantum and HP on the future of tape with a roadmap they plan to extend to Linear Tape Open (LTO) generations 9, 10 and beyond.
The guidelines these companies have come up with plan to achieve compressed capacities of 62.5 TB for LTO-9 and 120 TB for generation LTO-10. They also plan to push the envelope with compressed transfer rates reaching as high as 2,750 MB/second for LTO-10.
HP has released StoreOpen Automation to simplify the process of using Linear Tape File System (LTFS). LTFS makes tape file-based and easier to use. In addition, it lets users use standard file operations on tape media for actions such as accessing, managing and sharing files. This is done using an interface that behaves similarly to a hard disk. The latest release extends its support to Windows. Previously it was available for Mac and Linux. This extends LTFS functionality by presenting a tape library and its cartridges as a collection of folders.
Fujifilm Recording Media USA
Fujifilm may not be the first name on anyone’s lips when they think of storage media. Yet the company had made over 100 million Linear Tape Open (LTO) Ultrium data cartridges (53 exabytes) since they were released at the turn of the millennium.
Fujifilm also demonstrated data density levels of 85.9 Gb/in2 on linear magnetic tape using Fujifilm’s NanoCubic and Barium Ferrite particle technologies. This is part of the overall tape roadmap to continue to make it possible to product bigger and bigger LTO cartridges.
“This equates to a standard LTO cartridge capable of storing 154 terabytes of uncompressed data,” said Peter Faulhaber, President of FUJIFILM Recording Media U.S.A. “Together with IBM, we have been able to create the basis for extraordinary data density on tape that is fast, cost effective and energy efficient.”
Crossroads partners with FujiFilm to provide the StrongBox, which has the aim of making tape as simple to use as disk. StrongBox is said to provide the economics of tape with speed and simplicity of disk.
“We call this Capacity Defined Storage, using the right amount of disk/SSD with the right amount of tape,” said David Cerf, Executive Vice President of Strategy & Business Development, Crossroads. “StrongBox has user defined policies to intelligently deliver capacity optimized storage for unstructured data to ensure optimized performance at the lowest cost per gigabyte.
Quantum has introduced StorNext PRO Production. It delivers production, review, archive and LTFS sharing in one system, and is said to offer high capacity and performance.
“This solution integrates Quantum tape technology as part of customer workflows for video content production and archiving,” said Eric Bassier, Senior Director, Product Management, Quantum. “This is a great example of a market where the use of tape is not declining – in fact it is growing.”
All Oracle StorageTek LTO Tape Drives are library specific, requiring firmware and the appropriate tray for your Oracle / Sun / StorageTek Tape Library,
In addition it is best to match drives, this is preferred by Oracle. Please indicate of you prefer IBM or HP Drives.
Contact us online or call us at (800) 663-5523 or (310) 330-2900 for a quote!
Oracle’s StorageTek LTO tape drives provide fast data transfer, high capacity, and energy savings for midrange tape automation environments, and enable you to meet stringent regulatory requirements.
We have hundreds of STK branded drives in our warehouse, ready to ship with warranty.
We stock HP and IBM StorageTek conversion kits along with the following tape drives.
STK LTO6, STK LTO5, STK LTO 4, STK LTO3 and STK LTO2 Drives.
Do let us know if you need help decommissioning your library. The larger STK libraries will require an expert to remove the system from your premises.
Call (800) 663-5523 or (310) 330-2900 for information. Reach us Online
Highly scalable StorageTek tape libraries ensure data availability in heterogeneous tape storage environments of any size, including Oracle Applications, Windows desktops, mainframes, and supercomputers.
Current Tape Libraries
Legacy Tape Libraries
- A $150.00 fee applies to product shipped to our facility for evaluation.
- The approval of any repair waives the $150.00 evaluation fee.
- Standard turn around time is usually 3 to 5 business days on most repairs. Expedited service available
- Expedited repairs can often be returned by the following business day with a priority shipping service.
- All repairs carry a minimum of 90 day warranty.
- Factory trained technicians
- We also repair tape libraries and autloaders – all formats
- 100% Satisfaction guarantee
We repair StorageTek drives (Sun and Oracle) model.
T9840A, T9840B, T9840C, T9840D
T9940A, T9940B, T9940C
T10000A, T10000B, T10000C
Exchange units are available – with appropriate trays for your library and connectivity.
Questions? Please call us (800) 663-5523 contact us online
StorageTek tape drives available for your existing STK tape library
- StorageTek T10000D
- StorageTek T10000B
- StorageTek T10000C
- StorageTek T10000
- StorageTek T9940B
- StorageTek T9940
- StorageTek T9840A
- StorageTek T9840B
- StorageTek T9840C
- StorageTek LTO
Oracle’s StorageTek SL8500 modular library system
- Enterprise Tape Storage
- Consolidation and growth environments
- Mission-critical and High Performance Computing applications
- Unpredictable work loads
- Consolidates your smaller tape libraries into one high-performance system
- Combines mainframe, super-computing, UNIX, Linux, and Windows data
- Modular, scalable capacity for rapid growth and regulatory compliance
- Scales from 29 terabytes to 70 petabytes with up to 70,000 tape slots
- Gives you data growth without disruption to enhance top-line revenue and reduce financial risk
- Scale from 1,448 slots to 70,000 slots with no system downtime.
- Supports a combination of 64 to 448 tape drives including the Sun StorageTek T10000, T9840, T9940 lines of tape drives along with LTO, SDLT, and DLT-S4 tape drives.
- Redundant and hot-swap robotics, power and electronic components maximize availability.
Looking to replace a SL8500 Handbot for you STK SL8500?
Sunstar Company, Inc has SL8500 Handbots :
Sold with warranty
Please reach out to us:
Call 800.663.5523 or contact us online