IBM Linear Tape File System (LTFS) provides an easy to use GUI that enables you to automatically move infrequently accessed data from disk to tape without the need for proprietary tape applications. Only IBM offers four options for managing your digital files with LTFS: Single Drive Edition, Library Edition, Storage Manager and Enterprise Edition. Implementing LTFS Enterprise Edition allows you to replace disk with tape for tiered storage – and lower your storage TCO by over 50 percent.
- Access and manage files on tape as easily as if they were on hard disk
- Drag and drop files to and from tape without requiring device-specific software
- Share file data across platforms, similar to using a USB drive
IBM® Linear Tape File System™ (LTFS) provides direct, intuitive and graphical access to data stored on Linear Tape-Open (LTO) Ultrium 6 or 5 tape cartridges, as well as IBM 3592 tape cartridges. It eliminates the need for additional tape management and software to access data.
- Helps reduce complexity by enabling an icon-based view of the tape data using the OS file manager
- Reduces restore times and enables optimal utilization of tape resources
- Features 1:1 mapping of tape cartridges to file folders
- IBM Linear Tape File System Single Drive Edition (LTFS SDE) provides direct, intuitive and graphical access to data stored in IBM tape drives using LTO Ultrium 6 and 5 tape cartridges, as well as IBM 3592 tape cartridges with IBM System Storage TS1140 tape drives. LTFS eliminates the need for additional tape management and software to access data.