Call (800) 663-5523 for a Quote!
Units in Inventory – Ready to Ship
We Repair Your Non – Working Drives, with Warranty
Refurbished, 3590 Tape Drives are available from Sunstar in a variety of models as indicated below. Our complete tape drive sub-systems includes; software, cables & SCSI controller suited for your platform. 3590 Tape Drives read and write to 128, 256 and 384 Tracks – Model dependent
- The 3590E model E1A is for use in IBM 3494 Automated Tape Library.
- IBM’s 3590 E1A brings diversity in that its controllers can be configured for stand-alone frames, racks, or automated library solutions. The IBM 3590 E1A can be used with a SCSI host interface or Fiber Channel interface of selected IBM and non-IBM midrange and open systems as well as with ESCON channels on S/390 systems through a Magstar 3590 controller.
- The 3590E model E11 is a rack-mounted tape drive with an automatic cartridge facility (ACF). The 10 cartridge ACF allows the drives to be used as a mini-library with access up to 600 GB (with 3:1 compression). The E11 can be easily converted to an E1A for use in a fully automated library system.
|Fujitsu M8100||128 Track|
|IBM Magstar 3590 Model B11A / E11||Rack Mounted, can be converted to B1 and E1|
|IBM Magstar 3590 Model B11A||Rack Mounted, can be converted to B1 and E1|
|IBM Magstar 3590 Model E11||Rack Mounted, can be converted to B1 and E1|
|IBM 3590 E1A||40GB, 2:1|
|JVC (Victor Data Systems)||3590 9.0MB/S|
|IBM Magstar 3590 Model B1A / E1A||Supported, IBM Magstar 3494 Tape Library|
|IBM Magstar 3590 Model B1A||Supported, IBM Magstar 3494 Tape Library|
|IBM Magstar 3590 Model E1A||Supported, IBM Magstar 3494 Tape Library|
|IBM 3590 B1A||20GB, 2:1|
|IBM 3590 H1A||60GB, 3:1|
|Number of Tracks||256|
|Uncompressed Capacity||20GB / Cartridge|
|Tape Length (meters):||300m|
|Tape Data Rate:||14.0 MB/s|
|Tape Read/Write Access Speed:||3.14 m/s|
|Load-to-Ready Time:||23 seconds|
|Unload Time:||18 seonds|
|Nominal Rewind Speed:||5 meters/second|
In addition we repair defective 3590 tape drives and we can assist you with data conversion needs.
3590 Tape drives by IBM, Fujitsu and JVC provide a reliable, cost-effective solution with the increased use of different operating systems and platforms. Tape automation solutions must provide the ability to connect multiple platforms, enabling the sharing of both tape technology and automation.
The IBM 3590 is a series of Tape Drives and corresponding magnetic tape data storage media formats developed by IBM. The first drive, having the IBM product number 3590, was introduced in 1995 under the nickname Magstar. The 3590 series of tape drives and media are not compatible with the IBM 3592 line of drives that replaced it. They can store up to 60 GB of data (uncompressed). This family superseded the IBM 3480 Tape Drives popular in 1980s and 1990s.
Like the 3480 and 3592 formats, this tape format has half inch tape spooled onto 4-by-5-by-1 inch data cartridges containing a single reel. A takeup reel is embedded inside the tape drive. Because of their speed, reliability, durability and low media cost, the 3590 Tape Drives are still in high demand. A hallmark of the genre is transferability. Tapes recorded with one tape drive are generally readable on another drive, even if the tape drives were built by different manufacturers. Magstar tapes and drives are available in 128, 256 and 384-track versions.
- 3590 B Model (3590 B11/B1A), 128 tracks
- 3590 E Model (3590 E11/E1A), 256 tracks
- 3590 H Model (3590 H11/H1A), 384 tracks