Please contact us directly to co-ordinate services at 800.663.5523
Upon receipt of your RMA, we will quickly determine the error and get back to you!
Sunstar Company, Inc. with the help of our service and support partners offers you a safety net to ensure that your critical systems continue to run smoothly; saving you the expense and disruption of downtime.
On average, we save our customers in excess of 50% off the OEM published list price on their annual hardware maintenance expenses.
- On-site support
- Guaranteed response time
- Priority telephone support – speak with an engineer at the get go
- Depot Repair – Send it in and we will repair in our facilities
- On-site spare parts
- 24 x 7 x 4 On Site
- 9 x 5 On Site Support
- Next Business Day On Site Support
- The right engineer with the right part
- The right answer at the right time
- The right repair, right away!
- Preventive maintenance
Sunstar Company repairs most tape drives, however our speciality is LTO, StorageTek and IBM Enterprise Tape drives.
- A $150.00 fee applies to product shipped to our facility for evaluation.
- The approval of any repair waives the $150.00 evaluation fee.
- Standard turn around time is usually 3 to 5 business days on most repairs.
- Expedited repairs can often be returned by the following business day with a priority shipping service.
- All repairs carry a 90 day warranty.
Repair your drives and save… RMA Request Form
Our repair technicians are factory trained, authorized and certified.
We repair legacy type tape drives as well as drives that are currently state of the art. Please ask about our onsite maintenance offers.
We can and have repaired almost ALL tape drives…
We service and repair all stand alone drives, tape autoloaders, and tape libraries. Here is a list of the types and most of the manufactures drives that that we service.
- LTO – all manufacturers
- LTO – Full height and ½ height
- LTO1, LTO2, LTO3,LTO4, LTO5
- T9840, T9940, T10000- all modesl from Storagetek, Oracle, Sun ….
- IBM Entetoprise Drives
- DLT / SDLT tape drives Quantum, Compac
- LTO1, LTO2, LTO3, LTO4 tape drives HP ,IBM, Dell, STK
- DDS-1, DDS-2, DDS-3, DDS-4, etc. HP, Sony, Seagate
- AIT-1, AIT-2, AIT-3, SAIT,- Sony
- Mammoth 1 & 2 ) Exabyte, Sony, HP
- 3480, 3490, 3490E, 3590, 3590E 3590H – 18 Track. 36 Track, 128 track, 256 track and 384 track – Fujitsu, IBM, Overland Data, MP, Hitachi
- 9-Track tape drives – Cipher, M4, Qualstar, Kennedy
- Autoloaders – ADIC,Compac, HP, Dell, IBM, STK etc.
- Tape Libraries IBM, HP, Qualstar, Overland Data, STK Quantum, etc.
Cipher – MOD 1045, MOD 10, MOD 11, MOD 12, T480, T490, T490E, F880, M890, M891, M990, M995S, M995, F910, F920, L490, L490E, 920
Digital, Dec- TLZ07, TLZ09, TLZ10, TLZ11, TL895, TSZ07, TSZ08. TKZ60, TKZ61, TKZ62, TKZ63, TKZ64
Exabyte – 8200, 8205, 8500, 8500C, 8505, 8505S, 8505XL, 8505XLS, 8505D, 8700, 8705, 8900, ELIANT 820, MAMMOTH 8900 , VXA-1, VXA-2, VXA-, M1, M2, 10E, 18D, 10H, 210, 218, 220, 230D, 430, 440, 480
Fujitsu – M2481A, M2481B, M1016, M1017, M2483, M2483T12, M2483B, M2483B1, M2483BD1, M2483H, M2483H1, M2483HD1, M2483K, M2483KE, M2483KE1, M2483KD1, M2483KD, M2485N, M2485N1, M2485ND1, M2485K, M2485KE, M2485KE1, M2485KD, M2485KD1, M2485, M2485B, M2485B1, M2485H, M2485H1, M2485HD1, M2488, M2488C, M2488CA, M2488S, M2488SA M2488U, M2488E, M2488G2
HP – 88780, 88780A, 88780B, 7980, 7980S,
IBM – LTO1, LTO2, LTO3, LTO4, LTO5, LTO 1, LTO 2, LTO 3, LTO 4, LTO 5, 3490E EO1, 3490 EO1, 3490E E11, 3490 E11, 3490 F00, 3490E F00, 3490E F01, 3490E F1A, 3490E F11, 3490E FC1, 3490E HP, 3590, 3590 B1A, 3590 B11, 3590 E1A, 3590 E11, 3592, 3592 JIA, 3592 E05, 3592 E06, 3570 B, 3570 C
KennedyY- 9610, 9612, 9660,
M4 DATA – 9914, 9914 R, 9914 V, 9906, 9905, M490, M490E, M490L, 4890E, 4890, 4890E-4, M490E-2
Overland Data – T480, T490, T490E, L490, L490E, L60, L60E, 5622, 5612, 3610
Phillips – TD3610, TD3620, TD3630
Qualstar – 3402, 3402S, 3404, 3404S. 3410, 3410S, 3412, 3412S, 3413, 3413S, 3414, 3414S, 3416, 3416S, 3418, 3418S
Quantum – L200, L500, ATL, SDLT, SDLT 110/220, SDLT 160/320, SDLT 160, SDLT 320, SDLT 600, SDLT S4, DLT-V4, VS80, VS160, VS320, VS640, DLT, DLT2000, DLT2000XT, DLT4000, DLT7000, DLT8000, TH8AG-YF, TH8AF-YF, TH8BG-YF, TH8BF-YF, 4500, 4700, DLT 40, DLT 70, DLT 80, DLT 4000, DLT 7000, DLT 8000, LTO1. LTO2, LTO3, LTO3,LTO4, LTO5, LTO 1, LTO 2,LTO 3, LTO 4, LTO 5, VS80, VS160, VS320
Sony- AIT 1,AIT1, AIT 2, AIT2, AIT 3, AIT3, AIT 4, AIT4, SDX-300, SDX-400, SAIT-1, SDX-400C, SDX-400V, SDX-420, SDX-450, SDX-500, SDX-500C, SDX-500C/L, SDX-700, SDX-700 C/L, SDT-5000, SDT-7000, SDT-9000, TSL-7000, TSL-9000, TSL-A300C, TSL-A500C, TSL-A700C
StoragetTek, Oracle, Sun – 9840, 9840A, 9840B, 9840C, 9840D, 9940, 9940A, 9940B, 9940C, 9940D, 9948, L180, L700, L1400, SL500, SL3000, SWL8500
Tandberg Data – TDC 3820,TDC 4120, TDC 4220, TDC 4222, SLR1, SLR2, SLR3, SLR4, SLR5, SLR 1, SLR 2, SLR 3, SLR 4, SLR 5, SLR6, SLR7, SLR24, SLT32, SLR50, SLR75, SLR100, SLR140, MLR1, MLR3
Tandem – 5190, 5194, 5196, 5170
Sunstar and our Third Party Providers can provide the right part to the right hands at the right place at the right time by planning your critical parts and field engineer services in accordance with your Service Level Agreements.
Sunstar and our Third Party Providers backs up its planning with its 24×7 Technical Help Desk, manned by experienced Field Engineers who live and breathe tape libraries and disk arrays and possess that “can do” attitude that it takes to get your systems up-and-running again.
Sunstar Company, Inc can help you with your data extraction, conversion, copying, media transfer.
Systems Migration Duplication: Disaster Recovery/ Business Continuity Litigation Discovery
Data Migration is the process of moving static or preexisting long-term retention data to a newer technology. This involves the moving of data on specific media one or a combination of disk or tape technologies. The process and issues are largely dictated by the platforms and applications involved. Why migrate data? To take full advantage of newer technologies and your investment in them, it is necessary to port your older data to such new storage platforms.