Imation’s Nexsan NST6000 along with NestOS 3.0 is highly scalable unified storage solution in a compact footprint that uses a caching technology called FASTier® to accelerate reads and writes I/O requests. FASTier intelligently and automatically moves data through solid-state and spinning disk to speed your virtual and cloud environments.
Built with the time-constrained IT administrator in mind, a revolutionary GUI streamlines setup and management to ease the pain of mid-sized organizations challenged by storage complexity.
Key Features Include:
- Block: Fibre Channel, iSCSI
- File: NFS, CIFS, SMB and FTP
- NestOS storage operating system
- FASTier Acceleration Technology
- Multi-Core Xeon CPUs
- 32 GB Fault-Tolerant FASTier Write Cache
- Enterprise-class eMLC SSD or SLC SSD
- Scalable up to 48 SSDs or 19.2 TB
- 2.5″ 10K SAS HDD
- 3.5″ 15K SAS, 7200 NL-SAS HDD
- Scalable up to 5 PB (using NL-SAS drives)
- Scalable up to 756 TB (using Performance SAS drives)
A fully unified, enterprise-class, unified hybrid storage solution that simultaneously supports block and file traffic eliminating the need for organizations to invest in separate SAN and NAS storage systems. The NST6000 unified storage system offers high performance controllers and an expanded front-end FASTier™ caching engine connected to efficient E-Series storage arrays of NL-SAS / Performance SAS drives or to compact NST224X storage enclosures of 2.5″ Performance SAS drives.